Hi, readers! Kalie the Blogger, here. Today I want to talk about where you need to go to get started if you don’t already have a preferred affiliate marketing platform.
If you’re looking for affiliate programs for beginners, it can be a bit confusing. With the thousands of seductive money making systems out there, which one do you choose?
You don’t want to get scammed, or even worse, spend months (or years!) of your life working fruitlessly on a website that just never really ends up being profitable. That’s why I would like to introduce you to the best affiliate marketing training course available today.
Where to get it: www.wealthyaffiliate.com
Who created it: Kyle Loudoun & Carson Lim
How much it costs: $0 for Starter; $49 monthly for Premium (359 for Yearly)
My rating: 9.3 out of 10 stars
The best affiliate marketing training course, in my opinion, is Wealthy Affiliate. Why? I’ll get to that in a minute. But first, I would like to give you a little background information about the program.
Back in 2005, co-founders Kyle and Carson started an affiliate marketing platform called Wealthy Affiliate. Throughout the years, online money making fads have come and gone, but Wealthy Affiliate is still alive and well today.
The co-founders largely attribute the program’s success to superior member support and the overall honesty of the program. At Wealthy Affiliate, you will NOT be fed a bunch of ridiculous lies about all the thousands of dollars you’re going to make in the first week.
Come on, now. We all know that if you’re going to build a profitable website from scratch, you will have to put in the hours and pay attention to the training.
If you understand the philosophy of working both hard and smart, and you want to be rewarded for the fruits of your labors, then keep reading!
What Exactly Do You Do in Wealthy Affiliate?
Well, first you sign up for a free account. That’s the easy part. A free account is called a Starter Membership, and it gives you access to the best affiliate marketing training course available.
Then you have a choice to make: picking a topic to promote. For some people, it’s simple to choose. They already have a general idea of what direction they want to take with their websites, and they just pick whatever it was they were yearning to sell.
For me, it wasn’t that simple… At first, I had no idea what I wanted to do! That’s actually pretty common.
It’s OK because Wealthy Affiliate offers volumes of information on how to pick a topic, how to know you’ve chosen what’s right for you, and what to do if you still have absolutely no friggin clue what topic to promote.
The “no friggin clue” person was me. If that’s also the case for you, you will enter a program called Affiliate Boot Camp.
I absolutely loved it, and I would recommend getting a free Starter Membership just so you can try it and see how much clearer your affiliate destiny becomes with this training course.
Alright, we’re signed up for the free membership, we have chosen our topic of interest… now what? I’m so glad you asked! More on that below.
The Website: Your Outlet to Making Money
Your next step will be to create your very own WordPress website for free. Sound scary? It’s not! When I began this process, I had never built a website before.
It only takes a minute or two to get a website up and running. Then you get step-by-step instructions on what your website should look like to attract visitors, what kinds of pages and posts you need to make, and how to write dynamite content.
This is what makes Wealthy Affiliate the best affiliate marketing training course: the instructions are clear and concise; you can get help from experts at any hour of the day on any topic imaginable; and it’s actually fun.
Unlike other affiliate programs for beginners, you won’t have to quit when you hit a stumbling block, and you won’t be bored to tears with endless webinars where you have to wait until the end to get your questions answered.
If running your own website still sounds a bit intimidating to you, I think it’s time that you take this challenge head-on. Anything that’s going to make you successful in life is going to drive you out of your comfort zone.
So, how is this website going to make you money? Let’s go over that now.
A lot of times when people start a blog, they get disappointed because no one visits their blog. How are you supposed to promote stuff when no one can see your content?!
At Wealthy Affiliate, they have tools and training that will more than solve this problem for you. I used to have a blog a couple years ago where I’d basically write about whatever was on my mind that week.
I didn’t know anything about advertising or promoting other people’s products. It was just, well, a glorified diary that the entire Internet could potentially see. That’s the thing, though… the entire Internet did not see it!
If no one can see your website, then no one can buy your products and services, and no one can click on those ads that make you money. This is a major obstacle for many bloggers out there.
Unless you have hundreds (or thousands) of friends on social media who regularly comment on and re-post your content, it’s going to be hard to garner traffic for your website.
That’s where Wealthy Affiliate comes in. With the help of the best affiliate marketing training course around, you are going to get traffic and make those sales.
If you sign up for your free Starter Membership, you will learn how to draw attention to your blog without spamming the heck out of your Facebook friends. Let’s get into some of the pros and cons of joining.
The Pros of Joining
- It’s FREE to get started. Once you become a free member, you have the option to purchase whatever upgrades you feel necessary.
- There is no obligation to become a paid member. However, many starter members choose to upgrade because they like the program so much.
- Training is taught through written lessons, descriptive videos, insightful tutorials, and specialized classrooms. Wealthy Affiliate is perfect for any learning style, and the variety makes it so you never get bored.
- Training is organized into five courses for Entrepreneur Certification, and seven courses for Affiliate Boot Camp. But each course is broken down into ten palatable lessons so you can go at your own pace.
- No spam allowed! If you’ve joined other affiliate marketing platforms in the past, you’ll know that most of them are chock full of hucksters peddling their own products.
- This is simply not the case at Wealthy Affiliate. I very much enjoy being able to network in a spam free environment.
- Help is just around the corner. When you post a question, it usually gets answered by the community within minutes.
- If the community can’t quite get you the answer you need, you can talk directly to the founders, Kyle and Carson. I’ve done it before and they’re very professional.
- The community makes all the difference. Thousands of members ranging from beginners to experts are there to help you with your training, keep you motivated, and network with you to accelerate your success in the online world.
- Live chat is available 24 hours a day so you can reach out at any time.
- No need to pay for hosting elsewhere! Starter members get two free WordPress sites. When you’re first starting out, you don’t need to have multiple websites. It’s best to focus on one or two. You can always upgrade later to get 25 websites.
- Wealthy Affiliate’s hosting is quite fast and very secure. No need to worry about long loading times or (gasp!) having your website hacked.
- You will have access to free resources like the Keyword Competition Tool, WordPress Express for faster website creation, and Rapid Writer, which is basically content writing made easy.
- Keyword Lists will save you time and take the guesswork out of keyword research.
Sounds great, right? You may be wondering if there’s a downside to joining Wealthy Affiliate.
In this next bit, I’ll discuss some of the negatives that other members and I have encountered along the journey so you can decide whether or not the program is for you.
Cons of Joining
- Wealthy Affiliate will not make you rich overnight. If you’re joining an affiliate marketing platform in hopes of making the big bucks fast, then you’re going to get scammed over and over.
- How long it takes your website to become profitable depends on how much time you invest and how you use the training.
- You have to be a Premium member in order to take all six courses. Starter members get access to the first course.
- You cannot post comments or write in your personal blog about highly controversial topics like religion and politics. Doing so may result in having your writing privileges revoked.**If you’ve made it this far into my review, I give you props for your attention span. We’re almost done!**
Pricing and Bonus
Let’s talk about the various price points that Wealthy Affiliate has to offer. As you are probably well aware now, it is completely, totally, 100% free to join.
When you sign up for free, you become a Starter Member. Being a Starter Member is a great step in the right direction for you, but I want to prepare you for a decision you’re going to have to make: whether or not to go Premium.
A Premium Membership will allow you to take full advantage of training, have direct messaging with other members, and get 25 websites with hosting.
As you’re signing up for your free membership, I want to inform you of the Bonus.
What is the Bonus, you say? I’m so glad you asked. It’s a 59% discount for going Premium within seven days of signing up for a Starter Membership.
The cost of a Premium Membership is just $49 per month, or $359 per year. If you get started today, a couple months down the road you could be looking at a profitable website that you legitimately enjoy running.
To Answer Your Question from Before…
What is The best affiliate program for beginners? Hands down, it is Wealthy Affiliate.
Because I personally use and highly recommend this platform, I will give you a link below where you can get signed up and check out all the awesome goodies Wealthy Affiliate has to offer.
If you have any questions or concerns, or would just like a little more information before becoming a member, you can always email me at KalieTheBlogger@KalieSays.com. I’ll see you on Wealthy Affiliate!